Wednesday, March 19, 2008

I love it...

When Ryan makes Josh and I look like such good parents! :-) I love that when I give him a choice of breakfast...he almost always picks the healthy option. He wanted oatmeal with raisins again today. Last night with dinner, the first thing he ate off his plate was the green beans because their his favorite. Honestly that's how Josh and I get him to finish the rest of his dinner is by offering a second helping of green beans as a "treat". Then when he was offered chocolate milk or apple juice with dinner, he said "No thanks, I'll have some water." Then proceeded to drink two BIG glasses of it! He ate all of his meatloaf and even tried some of his scallop potatoes, which he wasn't a big fan of. The real kicker is after dinner, Josh was feeling his sweet tooth pretty bad and asked Ryan "Do you want to ride with daddy to go get some candy treats?" Do you know what Ryan's response was? "No, I don't need any." LOL! You could have knocked Josh over with a feather! :-) I'm just glad that he can make good decisions and doesn't feel like he needs to over indulge. That may change with age and with the influence of friends and well, just plain growing up and learning, but right now I'm just happy that he's not a picky eater and he loves veggies. :-) It's times like that, that make all the fits and bratty episodes just disappear. I love my little man. He's going to be such a great example to Cole and to his future siblings. I'm a very lucky mom.

2 comments:

Tim and Lisa

I am so jealous! You are a great mom!

Julee and Matt

The girls are like that too! They love their veggies and Madyson loves to have salad with me. It's so nice when they eat good most of the time, then when they don't you don't feel so bad and you two are just great parents!