Monday, March 24, 2008

Mom update...

So early this morning, they moved Mom to the ICU. It seems that everything she had been taking in over the past couple of days went straight to her lungs. They have her on a ventilator now. But they said that she is stable and her lungs are getting cleared out so that should help. They are going back to leaning more towards the Guillian-Barre Syndrome. Dad is worried, but he's hopeful that things are going to get better from here on out. He's also glad that she's basically got one on one time with the nurse. They did a bunch more tests and said that by 11-12 today they should have more answers. I'm hoping that there is going to be some good news coming from it, so that we at least know what we are dealing with and what the game plan is for treatment. Please continue to pray for her...we can use all the help we can get.

5 comments:

Julee and Matt

I hope they can figure it out soon, so they can treat her and get her better. Big Hugs for you and prays of course. Love you!

And then Chiari

Julie, check out www.GBS-CIPD.org.
Lots of information and caring people who are caring for or are diagnosed with GBS. Will be glad to give you suggestions and answers.
Hope your mom gets some answers so she can begin her healing. If it is GBS, we sometime call it Getting Better Slowly.
I would be glad to help in any way I can as I was diagnosed in 2004 and am guessing you are about the age of my 2 daughters.
JayDee

And then Chiari

I got it wrong, reading back, I see you are 'Paula', and the web site you need to check out is GBS-CIDP.org instead of CIPD.
Hope this helps.
JayDee

Kirsten

PAula, I hope they figure this out soon. I am just getting back into town I had no idea this was all happening. Of course I will keep your mom and family in my prayers, tell both your parents that I love them and I am thinking of them.

Love you!!!!

Paula

Thank you all so much for you prayers and concern...I'll try to update soon...things are looking better, I'm just so tired today. :-(

JayDee, thank you so much for the link! I've forwarded it on to my dad so he can have the info. It's really great of you to share that with my family. I really appreciate it.

~Paula