Monday, May 19, 2008
1st appt...
Well this weekend went well. Cole is just a dream! He nurses so well and sleeps great. He wakes up two or three times a night and then goes right back to sleep. All three of us have a hard time keeping our hands off him! We all want to hold him. Ryan does such a great job helping out. This morning while Josh was ironing his clothes, I went to the bathroom and asked Ryan to hold Cole. He puts the boppy around his waist and holds him so well! They were doing so great that I ate my breakfast while Ryan held him! :-) Cole woke up about 5am and I was still tired and wanted to sleep, but it was also nice just to get to hold him and spend some special time with him while Josh and Ryan were sleeping. So Cole had his first appt today at 11am. We all went in to see Dr. Bartlett and Cole's weight is down a little bit, so he needs to go back in for a weight check on thursday and also to do his follow up pku test. I'm doing well except for my swelling feet. They were REALLY bad this weekend. Josh propped pillows under one of the cushions on the couch and I slept there with my feet up. When I woke up this morning, they looked SOOO much better, but now they are getting swollen again. I think it's just a combination of retaining water and the heat we've been having. I'm going to sleep with my feet up again tonight and tomorrow it's supposed to start cooling off a lot! I actually can't wait to start getting this weight off! I think it's going to be a little bit of a process...but oh well. :-) When we picked up Ryan this weekend he hugged my tummy and said "Wow! It's squeezy!" I definitely don't want to be "squeezy"!! LOL! Alright, well the littlest munchkin has woken up and needs to eat so I will go now. Hope everyone has a great day! :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
Your feet are swelling? You poor thing! Mine did while we were still in the hospital (day 3 or 4) and got BAD. But they went down within a day or so. Drink lots of water and cut back on salt.
Glad to hear Cole is a dream. I love dreamy babies.
Keep blogging. I love your updates.
I am so glad everyone is doing well and that Cole is a great sleeper and eater. You might want to ask your doctor about water pills. I took them after I had Madyson and I swear I lost 10 pounds of water in the first day. They are great and work really well. Love you!!
I understand the swelling of the feet. After Autumn I could not wear shoes. My feet and legs go SOOOO FAT! It was worse after than while pregnant and it was bad then. I am glad he is sleeping well, I am jealous. Saturday night I saw every hour on the clock except 4am. We are not doing so well here. I can't wait to see more pictures!
Post a Comment