Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Dinners are officially finished...

So yesterday I prepared the last two freezer meals for us. They were pulled pork and chicken stir fry. I told Josh that he is set for at least nine meals so that should give me enough time to recover before I have to start making dinners again. I made homemade rolls last night to go with the first half of the pulled pork that we ate and I had some dough left over so I made cinnamon rolls that I put in the fridge until this morning...so now they are in the oven and smelling SO delicious...I can't wait until they are done! I have actually really enjoyed doing these freezer meals. I think I honestly will keep maybe three or four in my freezer at a time so that when we have busy days or just lazy evenings where I don't want to cook, we can have those on hand to throw in the oven. Who thought freezer meals would be so great! LOL! I also need to go to the store today and get some more flour, sugar and milk so I can make some bread and some roll dough to stash in the freezer somewhere. We LOVE our homemade rolls, so those will be nice to have on hand too. I'll just have to rearrange the freezer a little more to make some more space. :-)
On Sunday evening we got all the baby stuff arranged where we could fit it. Since we don't need any of it right this second, we have it all stored in the hall closet where we can get to it, but it's out of the way. Ryan's room is all nice and clean, ours is decent, the bathroom is clean. I've gotten half the dining table cleaned off and the last load of stuff to go down to the garage is next to the door for Josh to take care of cause they are too heavy for me. Then after that it's just laundry and getting stuff arranged. We are doing good! :-)
We aren't rolling in the dough right now and a Mother's Day commercial came on and Josh said "Ummm...Mother's Day is going to be kind of slim this year...but don't think we don't appreciate you!" LOL! All I really want is a foot rub, so if I get that, I will be happy. :-) Okay, well I think that's all for now. I need to eat my cinnamon rolls and then unload and load the dishwasher so Ryan and I can go to the store. I hope everyone has a great day!! :-)

4 comments:

Jenn

you REALLY need to rephrase that to a *good* foot rub LOL - I could just see him letting *Ryan* do your foot rub.

I know today is wednesday now, I figured it out LOL.

We're going to register Anna when I get ready to go meet Sue to get her MD gift.

Julee and Matt

I think that is sweet of Josh...but I think all you really need for Mother's Day is a gift certificate for a foot rub, because you can have Cole on Mother's Day!!

rachel

Girlfriend, after all those freezer meals, rolls and cinnamon goodies, you deserve the WORLD for Mother's Day. I am so impressed, I can't even tell ya.
Will your ward be providing any meals?? You know we would if you were still here. But no. You had to up and leave us. :(
Any contractions???????????

Anonymous

You are amazing! I keep wanting to make bread or rolls, but I'm such a wimp about the yeast. Those freezer meals are going to taste divine after Cole gets here!