Yesterday when we went to pick up Josh from work...he said he'd been in a funk and didn't want to go home yet. He was also feeling like he'd been a little hard on Ryan the past few days, so he wanted to take Ryan to see the animals at Bob's Sporting Goods. Josh was carrying Cole and I was walking around after Ryan, but trying to keep an eye on where Josh was too so we wouldn't get separated. Well apparently as I was trying to look for Josh while following Ryan I missed something. When we got home Ryan pulled two jelly lures from his pocket! He said "oh no! I didn't buy these!" I told him that it is NOT okay to take things from a store that we don't pay for and that it was stealing and nice people don't steal. He asked me if the policeman would be mad and give him a ticket and I said yes a policeman would be mad that he was stealing. I told him that we were going to go back to the store the next day and give them back and apologize. So while we were out today, we took the lures back and Josh took him into the store to the girl and the register and he had to say "I'm sorry for taking these. I didn't pay for them." Apparently it went okay. Ryan got the "I'm sorry" out but then Josh had to coach him on the rest to say. The lady accepted Ryan's apology and told Josh thank you for having him bring them back. I'm hoping he understood...but I think that we are definitely going to have to revisit the not taking things that don't belong to us issue.
Other than that we had a nice, relaxing day today. We lounged around the house this morning. And it was a MUCH MUCH nicer day than the weather people had predicted. So we took advantage of going to the park and spending some time outside. Ryan played really hard so he's in bed now and Cole has been SO mellow today. He's just basically been eating and sleeping and watching me and Josh. Josh and Ryan got their hair cut so they both look even more handsome than normal. Josh and Ryan took Wookie on a short walk and then later Ryan and I took him on another walk. Ryan wants so bad to carry Wookie around and Wookie is just not having ANY of it! LOL! I feel bad for both of them cause I know Wookie just wants to be left alone and Ryan just wants to love him. I don't know who to side with! Cole is amazing Josh with his head lifting abilities. Josh is pretty sure he's a genius and the strongest baby in the world. LOL! So all in all, we are doing pretty good. :-) Hopefully tomorrow will be nice again too so we can go on a walk and go to the park after church. Hope everyone is having a great Memorial Day weekend!
Saturday, May 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
Good lesson for Ryan. You're good parents for reinforcing the no-stealing rule and having him return the lures and apologize. That isn't easy. Good for you guys!
Good job, it is a hard lesson, but you both did the right thing. I hope you have a great sunday!
I can just see this being Madyson next time we go to Cabella's! I am glad that he went back in. Such great parents you are. Love you!
Post a Comment