Someone in an apt the building down from us decided that it would be cool to light mortar fireworks starting at about 10pm. Of course I had Ryan and Cole asleep. They are lighting them off from a downstairs apt cause they are exploding just above the height of our apt. Now I am totally PRO fireworks...I love them. I'm totally an "ooo and ahhh"er. However, starting them at 10pm on a Monday that is not the 4th is just plain stupid. Josh called the apt office and left a message because the big bad security company that is supposed to patrol the complex came in (while the fireworks were being launched) locked the laundry room doors and left. Gee, thanks guys. So then we called the non emergency police line. They called us back and said that it's legal for them to shoot off fireworks until 11pm. Um okay...it's legal to shoot off ILLEGAL fireworks as long as they aren't doing it after 11pm? Whatever. When you sign a lease here...you are also signing that you will abide by the complex's quiet times of 10pm-6am. So the police lady said to call the apt manager in the morning...yeah, cause they are going to do anything about it after the fact. So anyway, when the first one exploded right above our apt...it was ridiculous loud so it woke Cole up. Thanks jerks. The third time, it woke Ryan up and scared him so he was crying. Thanks again jerks. I managed to get Cole back to sleep after about 30 mins and a couple more explosions. Ryan however, is still awake. Needless to say, I'm not happy. Josh was uber pissed and has now left to go running in hopes of getting out some aggression.
Can someone just buy me a house in the hills with the rich people who are too sophisticated to launch fireworks? Thanks!
Monday, June 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
I guess I will count that as a blessing that I am having my baby AFTER the 4th. I can understand the uber anger that comes instantaneously when my children are woken up, by each other or some outside source. it is so much work to get them so sleep in the first place and then my "me" time is being compromised...GRRRrr. that sooo bites. SORRY. JERKS!!!!
I totally understand. We went through the same thing in our apt. Last year after Alex was born we went through it in our new house too. Even after the 4th, it was 1130 and still going off, Tim went down and tried to get them to stop, they just told him, they are kids they will go back to sleep. Tim does not get mad often, but that pushed him over the edge!
Why can't all the dumb people have their OWN apartment complex and they can let off fireworks all the time all year long and leave the rest of us to sleep!
Post a Comment