Saturday, September 12, 2009

Happy 2nd Anniversary!

Two years ago!
Happy 2nd Anniversary to us!! :-) Because our darling little man Cole, we spent our first anniversary in the ER and then being transferred down to Dornbecker's, only to be told that it was probably just something viral. We promised ourselves that for our 2nd anniversary we would do something fun! So exactly one month to the day before our anniversary, we went to the Kenny Chesney Concert in Seattle...after a rough start it was awesome and we had a great time! We got to see Montgomery Gentry, Sugarland and Kenny Chesney! It was great!

Josh and I waiting for the elevator before the concert.

Josh after being hugged by half naked sweaty guys...better him than me right?!

And me...

I adore this picture for no other reason than the incredibly sunburn lady behind us and her eternally white husband...and this children is why alcohol and hot weather don't mix!

And my boyfriend!!!



Tommy and Nicole were amazing once again and watched the boys overnight for us. The boys of course had a great time and so did we...it was a great anniversary present!

So on our ACTUAL anniversary, we thought it would be nice to take the boys down to Vancouver and we could eat out...I was craving Olive Garden, so it worked out perfectly! What didn't work out perfectly was that once again, our darling little Cole was having issues. When Josh picked him and Ryan up from Ms. Carolyn's, she had just changed a diaper and Josh said it was almost white...like the only color was just a little off-whiteness. So we had started driving to Vancouver and got as far as Kalama...I had Josh stop and I called my mom because I remembered that three kinds of poo were not good...red, black and white. Mom said that I should call the dr's office, so we did. They took the information and told me that the nurse would call me back in a little while. I didn't want to get all the way down to Vancouver only to have them say "you need to bring him in right now" so we turned around and had some yummy burger king for dinner...hey that's almost as good as Olive Garden...right?! So after a while the nurse didn't call back, so I called them and apparently they put the note for us under the wrong name...so she had no way to contact me. She said that unless his appetite had changed drasticly, he had a fever or he was throwing up that we didn't need to worry, but if he started doing any of those things we needed to bring him in. So when we got him home and he had another poo diaper that was basically just off white in color. So we kept an eye on him and he seemed to be fine. The next morning his poo had color back with some white chunks in it and after that they were just fine. So at least our actual anniversary wasn't spend in the er this year! :-)
I'm thinking that next year we won't mention our anniversary at all and then maybe Cole won't feel the need to try to get sick. :-) And that is our fun anniversary experience...at least we can say they are never dull!! :-)

2 comments:

Kirsten

So happy for you guys. I love that you went and saw your boyfriend on your anniversary : ) How did josh feel about that?? : )

Liz

Paula, I didn't know we had the same "boyfriend"! haha. We must have great taste to choose the same one huh? I love you reading all your posts, and your camera takes great pictures! What kind do you have?