Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Waiting on Friday...
Well not really. Josh is going to be leaving me and that makes me sad. :-( But I do want it to be the weekend so I don't have to worry about anything for three whole days!! This week has been a rough one for us. We had such a beautiful weekend and I was SOOO excited to start the week...and then it hit us. I was feeling pretty gross, but was okay. Ryan was sick. He woke up in the middle of the night and said he threw up. I didn't see any in his room, bed, the hall or the toilet...so I figured maybe he just gagged. Josh made a bed for him in our room on the recliner and I got him a bowl and we all slept fine. He woke up the next morning and said he felt fine! Josh went to brush his teeth and said "I found the puke". Yeah apparently he threw up in the sink...didn't even think to look there, but in my defense... it was like three am! Anywho...Ryan was doing great and had a FANTASTIC day at school. He came home and my beautiful VT's came over to visit with me and Cyndi brought her boys to play with Ryan. As they were getting ready to leave Ryan came running down the stairs saying he was going to be sick...so he threw up ALL OVER the downstairs bathroom. Gross. It was so bad I had to just close the door and take a few mins to mentally prepare myself to clean it up so I wouldn't lose it too! So I got him stripped down and cleaned up. Then I laid him down to rest. He was fine for the rest of the day but wasn't really being up and about. Josh and I had CNA so we told Ms. Carolyn about Ryan and she said it would be fine to still bring him. She fed him chicken noodle soup and crackers and said he kept it down great. Then he asked for some yogurt for dessert and she said okay. He went to bed just fine and when we came to get him, he stayed asleep the whole time. Then about 12am he came downstairs and said he was sick. So apparently the yogurt just sat on his stomach in a lump waiting to rear it's ugly head. I felt so horrible because he threw up so hard that it came out his nose and he said "Mommy! I'm SCARED!" Poor kid! So after a few more times of him getting up and dry heaving or thinking that he had to poo, I told Josh that maybe he should go get some pedialyte. I laid Ryan down in bed with me and had him sipping some water out of a cuppie. Well apparently water was too much too, because as soon as he got it down he threw it all up again. :-( It was so sad because he was shaking and so upset. I cleaned him and the mess up (luckily water is alot easier to clean up) and made him a bed on the chair again. I think his poor little body just quit for the night and he fell asleep about 2:30am. He woke up the next morning feeling fine, but I kept him home from school anyway. Josh stayed home with him and Cole while I went to work for a couple hours. He was doing good, but still having some poopy trouble. Today he was doing better. He went to school and was just fine, but his appetite is not back to normal yet. Unfortunately, Cole's been pretty crabby and sad...so I think he might be coming down with it now. :-( Josh hasn't been feeling all that great and I still haven't gotten to feeling any better. So yeah, here we are at Wednesday night and I'm just really hoping that we all get rid of this pretty quickly. Alright, well it's late and I probably should have gone to bed instead of blogging...but oh well!! :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





5 comments:
blech :( i'm sorry! feel better!
Get lots of Lysol and spray everything in the house. I hope the bug leaves your house soon, but don't send it down to us.
I'm so sorry Paula puking is not fun and you do feel so bad for them when it is coming out of everywhere like there nose. Ahhhh poor boy. Wow the sacrifices we make for our fam huh?!?!? What a good mommy you are.
i am so sorry you are sick. We are having the same thing here. It is so hard seeing your little ones so sick like that. I hope you all get better quickly.
:(
everyone better yet??
Post a Comment