Monday, May 25, 2009

Well then!!

Yesterday we got some stuff done and today we've been really busy too! We woke up and Josh went on a bike ride. I started finishing up the kitchen and when Josh got home, he grabbed Ryan and they went to get hair cuts. While they were gone, Cole took a very short nap and I kept trucking along. Josh stopped at Safeway and got some steaks to grill...so that meant that we had to dig the grill out of the garage! We headed out there and it only took about an hour or so to get stuff pulled out, some thrown away, food storage arranged to where we can actually get to it, so now when you open the garage, it's not scary!! YAY!! That was exactly what I wanted to get done today! Throughout the summer we are going to take time each weekend and go through boxes. We are are going to start transferring all of our stuff into totes if we are keeping it. I'm sure we will be getting rid of a lot of stuff, but we also want to make sure the stuff we keep is packed nicely. It will be a process but I KNOW we can get it done this summer. :-) Josh is happy that his grill is out and we can use it again! :-) I still have a TON of laundry to do, but it's getting better. :-) I'd totally slacked off on my Motivated Mom's, so I've been trying really hard to do everything on my list each day. There are only a few things left to do for today, and they are things I don't like to do until just before bed. :-)
Ryan has been a really good boy today...just a few mins ago, he was starting act up so he got sent to his room and he is playing up there now. But really, other than that, he's been so great today.
Cole's been kind of hit and miss. He is getting his last two teeth in and hopefully once those are through we shouldn't have to worry about teeth again until his 2 year molars. He's a drooly little monster today and his poor bum is pretty red. But at least right now he's just playing around with his toys. He wanted SOOOO badly today to be helping Josh with whatever he was doing. If Josh went one way, Cole was only a couple steps behind him. It was really cute!
So yeah, that is our day. Josh is going to grill some steaks, I'm making garlic mashed potatoes and rolls. I really hope this beautiful weather lasts...I really think it helps me be more motivated! Please sunny skies, please stay!!

4 comments:

rachel

Sounds like the perfect day.

Garlic mashed potatoes ROCK!

Derrick and Melissa

It does sound perfect. I am so excited for days like that! I can't wait to be a mom! :-) Your boys are so cute and I love to read about them! Thanks for posting!

Radke

Sounds like a wonderful day. It always feels good when you get your chores done.

Julee and Matt

You are amazing! I don't know how you do it all! AND when the heck did your baby turn 1? I haven't seen you in SO long. Are you coming to Utah soon? I am coming up to Oregon in August. I miss you!