Today is a hard day. The memories that come with today are difficult, however I think that they are good for us. I really appreciate reading everyone's posts on where they were and how they felt when this terrible thing happened to our country. I think it helps us remember and move forward at the same time.
Eight years ago, I had overslept for work and woke up to the phone ringing. Jenn had called me because she was on her way to work and had heard the news on the radio. She asked if I had the tv on, it WAS on...but for some reason was on the food network of all things. I turned it to CNN and honestly couldn't believe what I was seeing. It took a little while for the reality to set in. I got dressed and headed to work. We didn't do any work. After a couple of hours, we just closed down the office and all went home.
On that day a million emotions happened all at once. And as I think back, I want more than anything to remember that day, how I felt, what I was doing, who I talked to. I want to remember it all. Not only for myself but for my children, and their children. My kids were not yet born when this happened. And I want them to know about it and how it affected my life and the lives of those around me.
I'm going to write a letter for myself of that day. And if you don't mind, I would love to know where you were, what you did and how you felt. It doesn't have to be long, but I would like my children to know what happened to our country and how some of the people of our country felt. If you get a chance and don't mind sharing, please email it to me at paula.iniguez@gmail.com
God bless America and all those who fight for and have fought for our freedoms. God bless the citizens of our country. Help us all to remember everyday the freedoms we enjoy and most likely take for granted. Bless us that we will remember the things this great country was founded on and help us to continue to strive to do what it takes to continually make our country great. I love my country, it is my home. I will do my part and raise my children to do their part to have pride, respect and love for this beautiful land. God Bless America.
Friday, September 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comments:
how wonderfully you wrote that.
Love you!
Post a Comment