Monday, October 28, 2013

Our Pumpkin Practice Run

So, we were supposed to carve pumpkins tonight, but Hudson and Cole fell asleep before dinner.  Rather than wake them up and deal with sadness, we let them sleep.  Ryan had picked out two pumpkins, a big one and a small one.  So I told him he could carve the small one tonight.  Cole woke up shortly into the carving process so we let him carve his small pumpkin too.
This was Ryan's first year doing everything on his own.  I have to say, him using the knife was a little scary, but he was so good at listening to what we told him and being safe.  Cole did all the clean out on his own.  Then he told me EXACTLY what he wanted carved into it.  I have to say they did really great! :-)



Getting all the guts out!



Posing with their pumpkins. :-)


The finished product all aglow!  Stay tuned for all of our pumpkins tomorrow! :-)

0 comments: