Thursday, February 26, 2009

Sad day, happy day...

So my day started out a little sad...usually when I don't have to work, I get to drop Ryan off to school. Usually we get to the school, we race to the court yard and then find his friends. After that he gives me a hug and kiss and then I leave.
Today was different.
We pulled up in front of the school and I parked the car. I unbuckled and Ryan said "Mom, you stay in the car. I'm just going to give you a hug and kiss here." So he did and then he ran off to the court yard...without me. :-( How sad is that!
But it did get better cause after we picked up Ryan, we got to go have lunch with Josh and then we dropped off presents. Two women in our ward had babies, one is my VT companion and the other I work with on the Enrichment Committee. So I got to drop off their presents since we won't be at church and see and cuddle beautiful, tiny babies!! So that kind of made up for my crummy morning.
Now we are going to take a quick, late nap and then get to work. Luckily tonight Josh only has to work until 5pm, so that is nice. I have a paper to write, not so nice. Okay, I'd better get going...there is a stinky bum that is calling my name. :-)

4 comments:

Julee and Matt

I can't believe how grown up he is getting. At least you got to see some cute little babies. I am sad you aren't going to come down for Spring Break. :(

Jenn

why won't you be at church on sunday? i'm so confused LOL Love you

Leah Tolle

aww, the bittersweetness of the growing kiddos. Independence is supposed to be a good thing, right??? I fight myself with that one all the time...

rachel

He's growing up on you, Paula. What a little independent man.