Don't forget to enter our My Memories giveaway for FREE scrapbooking software!
I had posted before about our garden and how I thought we did a pretty good job for being first time gardeners! I thought I would share some pictures, although I do apologize because these were taken with my phone. I also apologize for not finishing the weeding of my garden...gardens are HARD work!
Here are our spaghetti squash...it's HUGE and I'm pretty sure trying to take over the world! It's a good thing that I love spaghetti squash as much as I do. :-)
Here are the acorn squash plants. I was a little worried because I didn't have anything growing off of these but I'm happy to report that we have four acorn squash currently growing!
Green zucchini! I honestly didn't know how many different ways there are to use green zucchini! I'm really excited to get to try out new recipes. If you click on the picture you can see the zucchini growing in there.
Back there is our cucumber plants! You can see a pretty decent sized cucumber growing! WOOT!
Bell peppers...we have tons of these growing right now and I can't wait until they are ready. We love bell peppers and use them in everything we can!
Anaheim peppers...these were Josh's pick. He really wanted a pepper that had a little more heat to it. Our two plants have been producing wonderfully!
This craziness is our tomato plants. We have four different kinds, Heirloom, Beefsteak, Roma and Cherry. Let me tell you, there are few things better than fresh tomatoes in your salad or on your sandwich! :-)
Our cute corn! (Again, ignore the weeds!) We planted five rows of eight of Bodacious Corn...we came out of it with 18 stalks (or is it stocks? I don't know! LOL!) and definitely have a better plan for next year!
And last but not least our cantaloupe plants! We have 6-8 cantaloupes growing right now with more on the way and I couldn't be more excited! Our cantaloupe vines did take over our watermelon vines (which were struggling to begin with) and killed them. We definitely have a better planting plan for next year so that hopefully we can have cantaloupe AND watermelon! :-)
I love having a garden. It is really hard work, but it is really fun to get the whole family involved and learn the things we can improve on to make our garden even a bigger success! The boys love to help out, especially our little Cowboy Cole. :-)














0 comments:
Post a Comment